Search This Blog

Sunday 29 January 2012

Everyday I play The Glad Game - come on & join in!

When I was 8 my Aunty Carole gifted me a book that quickly became my favorite story - it was called Pollyanna, written bu Elanor H. Porter.  To those who dont know it here's the short version; a little orphan girl named Pollyanna goes to live with her very wealthy aunt in a small town full  of uptight and crakny people. Overtime Pollyanna teaches people The Glad Game - a simple game taught to her by her father to be thankful and appreciate what you have.  So everyone become happier and nicer, and the towns a much happier place to live.  - Other stuff happens too but that's the jist of it.  Disney released it on film in 1960 featuring Hayley Mills.
  So I started to play The Glad Game by finding stuff to be glad about.  When I was bout 10 my muscles cramped nearly every night I'd be reduced to tears by the pain I'd play The Glad Game and be glad my sisters legs didn't hurt ... and I'd be glad my daddy was there to rub cream on to make the pain ease off ... and I was glad I'd have toast with vegemite & honey mixed for breakfast tomorrow.  Thinking about the   things I had to be glad about  made me forget about the pain.  I still play The Glad Game.  It's important to acknowledge the good things in life - Pollyanna taught me that!


Me and my Aunty aka WOB
Last Christmas I decided to buy Aunt Carole the 1960s movie Pollyanna on dvd.  I got a copy and on Christmas Day we exchanged our similar sized gifts.  After 22yrs of     her buying me the book,  we had bought each other POLLYANNA!  Great minds DO think alike .... I am so very glad she is my Aunt and we know POLLYANNA
    

No comments:

Post a Comment