Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 January 2012

My views from the video store to Twilight...

Last night I went to the video store -side note: why the heck do they still call them "video stores" when it's all DVD and Blu-ray nowadays - hello, it's not 1980s  anymore!  I wanted Fast and the Furious 5 but it wasn't in - a guy whom was behind the counter said to me "if you're online I'll write an URL down so you can download the movie".
  "No thanks", I said.
 "Don't worry it's safe and free", he said.
 "Yeah, it's also very much theft and quite illegal", I shot back.
 "The studios and stars still make big money", he replied.
  "So you're saying it's okay to steal off people who work hard for their money?  That's a real f**ked up attitude", I kinda was really annoyed by this kids lack of morals, "Can I speak to your manager or supervisor please?"
  The boy went got his supervisor and I told him.  The supervisor apologised and took the guy into his office.  Like the ad before a recorded movie suggests, stealing a car is wrong so stealing a movie is wrong.  Same goes for music - if you are a fan or supporter of a song or artist,  don't steal from them.  I'm not a tattle-tale but I do have morals and for a shop assistant to suggest an illegal activity was very inappropriate so hence my need for arguing my opinion and telling the supervisor.  People need to quit being hypocritical over things like downloading music or movies, it's theft ... you wouldn't steal a car or steal money off a movie star or artist so why is it right to take their movie or song. 


  Still in the store my friend suggest we rent the Twilight dvds and have a, in her words "a perve-fest" at Edward [ Robert Pattison ].  We get those out and leave. We see a few friends in the carpark and we start talking, Michelle and Cali were going on about how they'd let Edward park his shoes under their bed.  Well I had to chime in to  the conversation about the fictional character with "ya know Edward is a vampire so he no blood circulating therefore he couldn't get an erection."  Everyone laughed but I could see them thinking, 'DANG !  Melinda just destroyed that fantasy.' 
  We watched "Twilight" then "New Moon"  and although I had seen both once before I surprised myself by enjoying it - the scenery is breathtaking and the actors' play the characters so well - they bring the characters to life.  For a moment I wished I was in Bella [ Kirsten Stewart ] and had to choose between Edward the vampire or Jacob the werewolf [ Taylor Lautner ] - even though I KNOW it's only a story, it's nice to imagine & play pretend like I did when I was 9 and played dolls.  - Tonight I'll watch "Eclipse". 
  And I can see where Michelle and Cali are coming from!  Nothing wrong with dreaming, especially when you see the talent ;) ...
Edward - Robert Pattison
Jacob - Taylor Lautner

No comments:

Post a Comment